Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tonight I am upgrading to Ubuntu 7.10a1, better known as Gutsy Gibbon Tribe 1.

The very first thing to note is that the D-Link DWL-650 Rev. P1 works. Now, I'm being careful with my wording here because it doesn't "just work", it just "works". Catch that? I will still need to download the firmware mentioned in a prior post and do some other configuration, but the hostap_cs.ko module in Linux kernel 2.6.22 does not need to be edited to support this card. It works.

Second thing to note is that the installer is taking forever to do its thing. Yay, Live CD! I had thought about doing an upgrade install, but a full install is just so "clean", not to mention much faster.

Once I've got this upgrade performed I will be eliminating a desktop I've had set up for quite some time and parting it out with the help of Google Products & Checkout. As an aside, I would recommend checking those services out since they will eventually replace EBay. I'm not joking.

More will follow the upgrade.

No comments: