Friday, March 28, 2008

If you have not yet done so, visit the North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party website to request your free ticket to Barack Obama's speech at the Alerus in Grand Forks, ND on April 4th.

Even those who do not support him can agree he is an amazing public speaker, and as such this will be a significant event.

If I had a spare $100, I'd be signing up for the reception with Barack Obama earlier in the day. I would much rather see a realistic presidential hopeful with a smaller audience.

I am almost done with the book "Assassination Vacation" by Sarah Vowell, and one of the things which has struck me the most is how candidates in years gone by viewed the campaign "trail" as a cheap, insincere tactic. Candidates in the 1800s would literally open their homes to anyone who desired to meet them. How things have changed...

No comments: