Saturday, August 15, 2009

I just rescued a set of powered 4.1 (dual stereo + sub) Klipsch speakers from a trashy fate. Win on three counts:
  1. One less thing in a landfill.
  2. Powered speakers for the apartment!
  3. Amp has enough juice to power additional speakers I had been keeping around!
In all I spent about 1 hour documenting pin-outs and wiring for the proprietary molded connector which had broken, 1 hour soldering new wires directly to the PCB to work around the connector, and another 30 minutes installing everything. I may have just made those numbers up.

Today, I rocked out to Animal Collective, Doomtree, Ratatat, Girl Talk, Iron & Wine, Bon Iver, Portishead... well, lots of things. The neighbors have yet to complain. I'll keep turning the volume up until they do.

No comments: